Bananas bread recipes are extremely healthy and delicious. They contain various essential nutrients and helps for digestion, heart health, and weight loss.
How to Make Banana Bread Recipe
The listed ingredients are for a medium loaf of banana bread, you can use the measurement to increase the quantity.
- 1 cup (150g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- ¼ cup roasted groundnuts and cashew nuts.
- 2 overripe bananas
- 125g (1 stick) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tin Peak Filled Evaporated Milk
Tools Needed to Bake the Banana Bread
- Bread pan
- An oven with a heating capability
- Sieve or Sifter
- Egg Whisk
- Measuring cups or kitchen scale
Directions for making Banana Bread
- Pour the Peak Milk in a cup and warm it up a little bit, about 30 seconds in the microwave oven.
- Add the yeast to the milk, stir and set the mixture aside.
- In a dry bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Crush the groundnuts and cashew nuts with a rolling pin.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Melt the butter.
- Mash the banana with a fork or with a potato masher till you get the smoothness.
- Add the mashed bananas, the butter, and the milk and yeast mixture. Stir.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir till everything is well combined.
- Add some of the crushed groundnuts and cashew nuts. Stir.
- Pour into a bread pan and sprinkle the remaining groundnuts and cashew nuts on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 deg Celsius (350F) for 1 hour.
- The banana bread is done when a wooden skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean. The bread also springs back when you press it down.
- Place it on a rack for about 5 minutes then bring it out of the pan.
- Then lay on the rack till it has cooled down to a comfortable temperature.
Enjoy it with a chilled soft drink or any Tea.