The very first day I cooked fried beans was wow. Never did I know that you can as well cook fried beans the same way as fried rice.
The meal is so much delicious that you ask for more and more till your stomach gets full.
How to Cook Nigerian Fried Beans [Video]
To enjoy the meal, make sure all the ingredients are complete.
How to Cook Fried Beans
- 350g brown or black-eyed beans
- 2 Onions
- 3 cooking spoons palm oil or more
- Dry fish
- 1 ogiri
- 1 big stock cube
- Cry fish
- Salt & Habanero pepper (to taste)
- Parboil the beans for 4 minutes, wash and set aside
- Set the pot of beans on the heat. Add the stock cube (crushed) and the chunks of onion. Add your dry fish for taste and also with enough water to cover the beans and start cooking. Cook the beans till very soft.
- Remember keep water to the same level as the beans so that by the time the beans are done, there will not be too much water in the pot.
- Now, when the beans are done, add salt, leave to dry up all the water, and transfer the beans to another container.
- Set a dry clean pot on the heat, pour the palm oil, and heat till the oil melts (if congealed). Note that you should only heat it up, not bleach the oil.
- Add the pre-cooked onions and stir for a bit.
- Add the ground Habanero pepper, crayfish, ogiri, and stir till everything is heated up very well, at most 2 minutes.
- Now you can add the beans and stir for about 2 minutes. readjust taste if necessary.
- Cover and leave to simmer for about 2 minutes and it’s done.
You can enjoy it with Fried Plantains, Soaked Garri, or bread.