Best Way To Cook Vegetable Soup With Ugu And Water leaf
Vegetables are sources of rich food, such as vitamins, minerals and also contains lots of fiber the immune system required for functionality.
Base on research, the vegetable is low in calories which helps in weight loss, improved digestion, lowers blood pressure, lowers the risk of heart disease, diabetes Control, and so many other benefits.
Vegetables are also great sources of essential minerals like:
Here is how you can prepare sweet vegetable soup
Firstly make the choice of your ingredients. Not all condiments are meant to use.
Ingredients Needed for your healthy sweet vegetable soup
- Little quantity of fluted pumpkin leaves ( Ugu)
- A little amount of waterleaf
- Little quantity of Scent leaf ( for nice taste) Optional
- Castor Spice ( ogiri)
- A cup of crayfish ( depending on the quantity of soup)
- Roasted/ dried fish ( to your choice of protein)
- 1 cup of palm oil ( choose quantity based on body health)
- stockfish ( MUch of it optional)
- Salt and pepper to boost the taste
- 2 cubes of Maggi ( i use Knorr Maggi)
- 1 cup of periwinkle ( to increase the protein in it) optional
- 1 big onion ( i love onions though)
- Meat ( chicken or beef choices differs)
However, if the quantity to cook is more or less, the measurement may be adjusted.
- Rinse the meat, stockfish put it in a pot.
- Add the onion, spices, and cook the mixture for half an hour depending on how strong is the meat. Wait until the meat and stockfish are about 3/4 soft compared to full readiness before adding up your rinsed periwinkle and fish.
- Add 1 cup of palm oil to the boiling ingredients.
- Wash the crayfish and pepper, add castor Spice ( ogiri) to blend for smoothness, and add to the boiling proteins.
- Add spices according to your taste.
- Put the leaves in separate dishes and rinse them with water to get rid of sand.
- Use a chopping board and a sharp knife to slice ugu and waterleaves into small pieces. for healthy leaving, It’s not considered good to buy already sliced leaves.
- The waterleaf should be added to the already cooked protein, cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir the soup, taste it a little and choose whether to add spices before putting in Ugu.
- Stir and wait for 3 more minutes before adding your ugu and scent leaf.