8 Simple Turmeric Masks for Glowing Skin
In this article, you will learn different ways on how to prepare your turmeric face mask recipes. These recipes include:
1.Turmeric Anti-Dandruff Treatment
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix turmeric and olive oil and apply to the scalp.
- Leave on for 15–30 minutes before shampooing.
2. Hydrating Turmeric Face Mask For Sensitive Skin
Mix the skin brightening and lightening benefits of turmeric and lemon. Milk adds B-vitamins, alpha hydroxy acids, calcium, and other potent antioxidants.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ tablespoon turmeric
- Mix ingredients in a bowl slowly.
- Apply the mixture to your face, and leave on for 10–20 minutes before rinsing off.
3. Turmeric Face Scrub
Turmeric’s texture gives great exfoliation, and it aids improve skin oil production, making it great for acne-prone skin.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 teaspoons almond milk
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Using clean hands.
- massage over clean.
- damp skin with fingertips starting with your chin and working upward in small circles.
- Rinse and follow with moisturizer.
4. Tightening and Soothing Turmeric Face Mask
Turmeric calms inflammation and irritation while skin-soothing ingredients like raw honey and coconut milk help tighten and brighten skin.
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- Put turmeric, honey, and milk in a small bowl and stir.
- You want your mask to be a thin paste, so adjust the milk as necessary until you get the right consistency.
- Before applying, cleanse your face to remove dirt and makeup.
- Apply the mask evenly all over your face, making sure to focus on any inflamed areas. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes then rinse off with warm water.
- Repeat as necessary until the inflammation subsides.
5. Turmeric-Chickpea Face Mask
The three Cs in this mask — chickpeas, coconut, and cucumber — are all soothing and healing for our skin. When you add in turmeric, you’ll also get its known anti-inflammatory and brightening benefits, too.
- 2 tablespoons (or 15 grams) of chickpea flour
- ⅓ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice
- mix the flour, cucumber juice, coconut milk, and turmeric to form a paste.
- You can also add more flour if the paste is too thin.
- Apply the mask evenly to your face. Leave it on for about 15 minutes — but not until the paste dries.
- Rinse with warm water. Makes 2 applications.
6. Turmeric Acne Mask
Naturally antiseptic and antibacterial, turmeric and honey soothe inflamed skin and acne.
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of organic, raw honey (preferably Manuka honey)
- Apply apple cider vinegar to a cotton ball and swipe all over the skin. Wait about 5 minutes before you apply the mask.
- Mix the turmeric powder with the honey. Use your clean hands to apply the mask, avoiding the eye area. Let the mask sit for 15–20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- If the turmeric powder leaves a yellowish tint on the skin, use a milk-soaked cotton ball to go over stained areas.
- Repeat the mask twice a week.
7. Turmeric and Egg ‘Face Lift’
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix yolk, turmeric, and oil together to make a paste.
- Apply to the face and let it dry for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
8. Make your own glowing skin turmeric face mask
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of milk. You can also use yogurt to fight acne.
- 2 tablespoons of flour. You can use regular flour, rice flour, or ground oats if your skin is dry.
- A few drops of honey (any kind will work, but manuka is especially good for acne)
- Mix flour, turmeric, honey, and milk to make a paste.
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Rinse off in the shower, scrubbing gently to remove.